SMXtalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Bull Pro Nationals 21st/22nd July Duns

2 posters

Go down

Red Bull Pro Nationals 21st/22nd July Duns Empty Red Bull Pro Nationals 21st/22nd July Duns

Post  twostroker Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:16 am

Fantastic Festival of Motocross Wings its way North of the Border this coming weekend at Duns Motoparc in the Scottish Borders.......... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

We had hoped to fly over a very special guest star for the Scottish races – our first ever foray north of the border – but Billy MacKenzie, who’s currently Down Under contesting the Aussie Nationals, is still healing up from a wrist injury and can’t make it.

“I would love to be in a position to come home and race Duns,” says Billy in between chucking a few snags on the Barbie and throwing sticks for Bouncer. “It's a track I’ve been riding since I was six years old and is one of the few remaining 'quality' tracks in the UK. It's always improving and with the gift of good weather it always attracts a strong local crowd from both sides of the border. At the moment I’m really looking forward to getting back on a bike and hopefully will be able to slot a Red Bull Pro Nationals race in somewhere convenient with my schedule.”

Although there will be no Billy Mac in action we’ll still have a member of the famous Scottish MX clan bashing bars at Duns as Bryan MacKenzie, Billy’s cousin, is straining at the leash to get out there in front of his home fans.

"I'm pumped that the Red Bull Pro Nationals are coming to Scotland this month,” says Irn Bry. “I always look forward to racing at national level in front of a home crowd and hope to put in a couple of strong rides to get everyone behind me and really feel part of the race!"

As well as top-flight racing in the pro, British 2-Stroke Championship and Red Bull Elite Youth Cup divisions we’ll have children’s TV favourites including Peppa Pig and Fireman Sam making appearances on the Sunday in our Kidzone along with freestyle motocross plus MTB trials and the MX try-out experience which gives visitors a chance to swing their legs over an off-road bike under expert supervision.

“We can’t wait to come to Scotland,” says Events 22 Managing Director Matt Bates. “Duns is an amazing circuit – one of the best in the UK – and its spectacular jumps make it a firm favourite with spectators. For diehard motocross fans the track produces brilliant racing and the Kidzone and MX try-out always go down really well with the families that come simply for a great day out.”

Duns Motocross is located three miles west of Duns on the Duns to Longformacus road. The postcode for the track is TD11 3NS.

twostroker
twostroker

Back to top Go down

Red Bull Pro Nationals 21st/22nd July Duns Empty Re: Red Bull Pro Nationals 21st/22nd July Duns

Post  deeps Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:31 am

al have sum of that please ...should be a belter ...see yo all there...MON THE SCOTS...
deeps
deeps

Back to top Go down