Correct tyre pressure

Go down

Correct tyre pressure

Post  rossco250f on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:44 pm

Hi im just wondering what is the correct tyre pressure to put in my bike. I have a moose tube in the front wheel so it has no air. Just wondering if this is maybe better for enduro or fine for mx?
avatar
rossco250f

Posts : 13
Reputation : 2471
Join date : 2012-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Correct tyre pressure

Post  seanellis129 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:29 am

there is no real correct tyre pressure, as every track may require slightly different depending on terrain etc. & type of tyre etc.

seanellis129

Posts : 43
Reputation : 2558
Join date : 2012-03-11
Location : Rosyth, Fife

View user profile http://smellis.info

Back to top Go down

Re: Correct tyre pressure

Post  tumbleweed393 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:47 am

The mooses will only take so many hard landings and then they go to s#*t better of with the inner tube for mx an keep the moose for the enduros
avatar
tumbleweed393

Posts : 10
Reputation : 2453
Join date : 2012-04-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Correct tyre pressure

Post  rossco250f on Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:34 am

tumbleweed393 wrote:The mooses will only take so many hard landings and then they go to s#*t better of with the inner tube for mx an keep the moose for the enduros

yeah i think i will change it as the front wheel can be very quirmy sometimes, then on my friends bike its fine,

how much air do you roughly put into your tyres bud?
avatar
rossco250f

Posts : 13
Reputation : 2471
Join date : 2012-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Correct tyre pressure

Post  tumbleweed393 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:38 am

It all depends,sand or hard pack? What tracks do u ride
avatar
tumbleweed393

Posts : 10
Reputation : 2453
Join date : 2012-04-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Correct tyre pressure

Post  SWATTracing on Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:47 pm

rossco250f wrote:Hi im just wondering what is the correct tyre pressure to put in my bike. I have a moose tube in the front wheel so it has no air. Just wondering if this is maybe better for enduro or fine for mx?

Moose will be fine for MX as long as it is still in good condition. They will eventually go 'off'. We run our tyres @ 1bar ALL THE TIME regardless of terrain. If you are racing sand use a sand tyre, if you are racing hard pack use a hard pack tyre. Simples! If you start running lower pressures you are far more likely to get a puncture etc.
avatar
SWATTracing

Posts : 3
Reputation : 2424
Join date : 2012-04-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Correct tyre pressure

Post  rossco250f on Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:13 pm

tumbleweed393 wrote:It all depends,sand or hard pack? What tracks do u ride

I ride different terrain on different tracks. Cardenden is hard packed mud then the next week it could be ballmullo or coupar angus.
avatar
rossco250f

Posts : 13
Reputation : 2471
Join date : 2012-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Correct tyre pressure

Post  SWATTracing on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:06 am

rossco250f wrote:
tumbleweed393 wrote:It all depends,sand or hard pack? What tracks do u ride

I ride different terrain on different tracks. Cardenden is hard packed mud then the next week it could be ballmullo or coupar angus.

Dude seriously, Just run 1 bar. That will be absolutley spot on for all conditions! Idea
avatar
SWATTracing

Posts : 3
Reputation : 2424
Join date : 2012-04-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Correct tyre pressure

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum